Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My Creative Space



Upcycled, recycled, 2nd time around love .......... whatever you'd like to call it, it is. Last night I whipped up this little beauty from a dress my friend Cint gave me quite a while ago. This chick has THE best wardrobe and the best eye for vintage clothes I have ever seen. Lucky me got a huge bag of cast offs that were not her size and told I could do whatever I wanted with them. Until now I just couldn't cut into them, they have been hanging in my studio and I look at them constantly waiting for inspiration. Inspiration arrived last night. I love this fabric and thought that instead of the usual A-line skirt I always make I'd pop in an elastic waist. I must say I was a bit nervous, its not always a flattering look. Good for 4 year olds and generally not so great for almost 40 year olds! End result is a bit of ric rac on the hem and bobs your uncle ( or in my case my Pop) its done and I love it. I might just add some fancy nancy pockets and its ready to rock n roll.

For more Creative Spaces pop on over to Kootoyoo

8 comments:

Amanda said...

It's beautiful and love how you are wearing it :)

Renee said...

Looks fantastic and I love the fabric!

Kirsty said...

Hooray for mates with great taste. The skirt looks fab.

Little Ted Canvas said...

It looks great on you Mandy! Love the print & the little ricrac trim, perfect!

Tracey said...

hears to fabulous cast offs, lucky you!

Miss Muggins said...

You look amazing in said skirt!

Kate said...

Great job! The skirt looks fab, I love the shaps and the ricrac too. Have a great weekend.

midge said...

love it. i have been toying with the idea of doing a twirly girly skirt for me but i agree not always the look for the mature woman. yours looks ace. the fabric is perfect